Dell Computer Changes Name?

Dell Computers has decided to drop the word "computers" from it's name. It's not yet official, but due to their presence in the land of servers, storage systems and other technology, they want to be recognized as more than simply a seller of computers.

PCs, laptops, and the products and services associated with them comprise 80% of the company's revenue with server and storage systems holding the remaining 20%.

Dell Computers, soon to be Dell, Inc. continues to thrive in the current economy. They are number one in worldwide computer shipments, outstripping their nearest competitor by 500,000 units.

Want to be part of Dell? Keep reading to find out what certifications they offer.

Dell Certifications

Dell Computers has decided to drop the word "computers" from it's name. It's not yet official, but due to their presence in the land of servers, storage systems and other technology, they want to be recognized as more than simply a seller of computers.

PCs, laptops, and the products and services associated with them comprise 80% of the company's revenue with server and storage systems holding the remaining 20%. Dell Computers, soon to be Dell, Inc. continues to thrive in the current economy. They are number one in worldwide computer shipments, outstripping their nearest competitor by 500,000 units.

Want to be part of Dell?

Keep reading to find out what certifications they offer.

Dell Certifications

Dell Certified Enterprise Engineer
If you are, or want to be an expert on the use and configuration of Dell hardware, you may want to consider one of the following certifications. All fall under the heading of Dell Certified Enterprise Engineer but there are several paths from which to choose. Training prices have been included where available and all exams cost $100 each.

DCEE PowerEdge Server Track

Foundation Level:

  • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of the basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers.
  • 1 Course is Recommended - PowerEdge Server Core ($100).

Associate Level:

  • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of configurations of PowerEdge Servers.
  • 1 Course Required - PowerEdge Server Associate Core ($1,595 per person).

DCEE Systems Management Track

Foundation Level:

  • 2 Exams - Tests knowledge of basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers and basics in Dell OpenManage software.
  • 2 Courses Recommended - PowerEdge Server Foundation ($100), & Systems Management Foundation ($100).

Associate Level:

  • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of application and configuration of Dell OpenManage tools.
  • 1 Course Required - Systems Management Associate Core ($2,000 per person, $12,000 for up to 10 people).

Master Level:

  • Must have an Associate Level Certification.
  • 1 Exam - Tests configuration capabilities using Dell OpenManage tools.
  • 1 Course Required - Systems Management Master.

    Master Trainer - 1 performance-based exam required.

    DCEE Business Continuity Track
    Help keep your business up and running with high availability and disaster recovery.

    Foundation Level

    • 2 Exams - Must know basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers and basics in Business Continuity, storage media, interface options, and products.
    • 2 Courses Recommended - PowerEdge Server Foundation ($100) & Business Continuity Foundation ($100).

    Associate Level

    • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of the architecture and planning required to implement a Business Continuity plan.
    • 1 Course Required - Business Continuity Associate Core.

    Master Level

    • Must have an Associate Level Certification.
    • 1 Exam - Tests user performance and business continuity planning capabilities.
    • 1 Course Required - Business Continuity Master.

    Master Trainer - 1 performance-based exam required.

    DCEE Network Storage Track
    Learn how to integrate SAN and NAS into your existing environment.

    Foundation Level

    • 3 Exams - Must know basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers; basics in Business Continuity, storage media, interface options, and products; and basics in Network Storage, hardware, software, and topologies.
    • 3 Courses Recommended - PowerEdge Server Foundation ($100), Business Continuity Foundation ($100), & Network Storage Foundation ($100).

    Associate Level

    • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of Dell / EMC SAN technologies.
    • 2 Courses Required - Implementing Dell Enterprise Storage Solutions ($1,995 per student) and Implementing Data Protection on Dell Storage ($2,995 per student ).

    Master Level

    • Must have an Associate Level Certification.
    • 1 Exam - Tests performance and skill in operating and configuring the latest Dell SAN products.
    • 1 course required.

    Master Trainer - 1 performance-based exam required.

    Dell Certified Enterprise Engineer
    If you are, or want to be an expert on the use and configuration of Dell hardware, you may want to consider one of the following certifications. All fall under the heading of Dell Certified Enterprise Engineer but there are several paths from which to choose. Training prices have been included where available and all exams cost $100 each.

    DCEE PowerEdge Server Track

    Foundation Level:

    • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of the basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers.
    • 1 Course is Recommended - PowerEdge Server Core ($100).

    Associate Level:

    • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of configurations of PowerEdge Servers.
    • 1 Course Required - PowerEdge Server Associate Core ($1,595 per person).

      DCEE Systems Management Track

      Foundation Level:

      • 2 Exams - Tests knowledge of basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers and basics in Dell OpenManage software.
      • 2 Courses Recommended - PowerEdge Server Foundation ($100), & Systems Management Foundation ($100).

      Associate Level:

      • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of application and configuration of Dell OpenManage tools.
      • 1 Course Required - Systems Management Associate Core ($2,000 per person, $12,000 for up to 10 people).

      Master Level:

      • Must have an Associate Level Certification.
      • 1 Exam - Tests configuration capabilities using Dell OpenManage tools.
      • 1 Course Required - Systems Management Master.

      Master Trainer - 1 performance-based exam required.

      DCEE Business Continuity Track
      Help keep your business up and running with high availability and disaster recovery.

      Foundation Level

      • 2 Exams - Must know basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers and basics in Business Continuity, storage media, interface options, and products.
      • 2 Courses Recommended - PowerEdge Server Foundation ($100) & Business Continuity Foundation ($100).

      Associate Level

      • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of the architecture and planning required to implement a Business Continuity plan.
      • 1 Course Required - Business Continuity Associate Core.

      Master Level

      • Must have an Associate Level Certification.
      • 1 Exam - Tests user performance and business continuity planning capabilities.
      • 1 Course Required - Business Continuity Master.

      Master Trainer - 1 performance-based exam required.

      DCEE Network Storage Track
      Learn how to integrate SAN and NAS into your existing environment.

      Foundation Level

      • 3 Exams - Must know basics in Dell PowerEdge Servers; basics in Business Continuity, storage media, interface options, and products; and basics in Network Storage, hardware, software, and topologies.
      • 3 Courses Recommended - PowerEdge Server Foundation ($100), Business Continuity Foundation ($100), & Network Storage Foundation ($100).

      Associate Level

      • 1 Exam - Tests knowledge of Dell / EMC SAN technologies.
      • 2 Courses Required - Implementing Dell Enterprise Storage Solutions ($1,995 per student) and Implementing Data Protection on Dell Storage ($2,995 per student ).

      Master Level

      • Must have an Associate Level Certification.
      • 1 Exam - Tests performance and skill in operating and configuring the latest Dell SAN products.
      • 1 course required.

      Master Trainer - 1 performance-based exam required.

      Format
      mla apa chicago
      Your Citation
      Reuscher, Dori. "Dell Computer Changes Name?" ThoughtCo, Jul. 16, 2007, thoughtco.com/dell-computer-changes-name-4005351. Reuscher, Dori. (2007, July 16). Dell Computer Changes Name? Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/dell-computer-changes-name-4005351 Reuscher, Dori. "Dell Computer Changes Name?" ThoughtCo. https://www.thoughtco.com/dell-computer-changes-name-4005351 (accessed December 15, 2017).