Humanities › Literature Life Is Good Quotes Share Flipboard Email Print Yagi Studio / Getty Images Literature Quotations Funny Quotes Love Quotes Great Lines from Movies and Television Quotations For Holidays Best Sellers Classic Literature Plays & Drama Poetry Shakespeare Short Stories Children's Books By Simran Khurana Education Expert M.B.A, Human Resource Development and Management, Narsee Monjee Institution of Management Studies B.S., University of Mumbai, Commerce, Accounting, and Finance Simran Khurana is the Editor-in-Chief for ReachIvy, and a teacher and freelance writer and editor, who uses quotations in her pedagogy. our editorial process Simran Khurana Updated February 03, 2019 You wake up every morning, wondering what the day has in store for you. It could be a fun day full of happy surprises, new friendships, and accomplishment, or it could be a lousy day with the boss yelling at you, your car breaking down, or your cat running off. Some days are good; some not so good. However, life is always good. Albert Einstein said, "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." If you look at life positively, you may find that a hurdle is a stepping stone to success. Instead of making excuses, you find reasons to succeed. Each failure teaches us important lessons in life. Successes and failures are part of life. Recharge your soul with positive thinking. Start your day by affirming that life is good. Quotes that build positive energy are great stress busters. Helen Keller: "So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good." Dan Brookoff: "Pain does not have a moral value. Drugs do not have a moral value. Life is good; to be cherished, promoted and supported. We, as physicians, should not be moralizing about pain or its treatments." Euripides: "There is just one life for each of us: our own." Boris Pasternak: "The great majority of us are required to live a life of constant duplicity. Your health is bound to be affected if, day after day, you say the opposite of what you feel, if you grovel before what you dislike, and rejoice at what brings you nothing but misfortune." Doug Horton: "Life is good when we think it's good. Life is bad when we don't think." Samuel Johnson: "Almost every man wastes part of his life in attempts to display qualities which he does not possess and to gain applause which he cannot keep." Bertrand Russell: "The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge." Jason Zebehazy: "Three things are needed for a good life: good friends, good food, and good song." Winston Churchill: "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." Ann Landers: "Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead. That is where your future lies." Steven Coallier: "Attack life; it's going to kill you anyway." Claude Pepper: "Life is like riding a bicycle. You don't fall off unless you plan to stop peddling." Ralph Waldo Emerson: "It is not the length of life but the depth of life." Samuel Butler: "All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." Josh Billings: "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well." Albert Schweitzer: "A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up." Abraham Lincoln: "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Isak Dinesen: "Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever." Albert Einstein: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." Karl Wallenda: "Being on the tightrope is living; everything else is waiting." Buddha: "On life's journey, faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day, and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him." Sid Caesar: "In between goals is a thing called life that has to be lived and enjoyed." Lou Holtz: "Never tell your problems to anyone. 20 percent don't care and the other 80 percent are glad you have them." Dr. Seuss: "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Alexander Graham Bell: "When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us."