Seth Meyers Quotes

Funny Seth Meyers Quotes and Political Jokes from SNL's 'Weekend Update'

Seth Meyers

See Also: Latest Late-Night Jokes

"The 14 percent tax rate Romney paid is less than the 20 percent paid by the average American. How does he pay such a low rate? He claims 47 percent of Americans as dependents." –Seth Meyers

"In an interview Thursday, Ann Romney responded to criticism of her husband's presidential campaign, saying, 'Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring.' In response, the interviewer entered the race, and is leading Mitt Romney by five points." –Seth Meyers

"A new poll shows that after the Democratic National Convention, President Obama got a four-point bounce in the polls, which means that's he's now only five points behind Bill Clinton." –Seth Meyers

"Obama joked this week that Bill Clinton, who has been campaigning for him, should be appointed to the role of Secretary of Explaining Stuff.

Hey, you know what's another good name for that position? President." –Seth Meyers

"In a recent promotion, Mitt Romney is offering donors a chance to win a ride on his campaign plane. But if you know how Mitt Romney travels, this is one contest you don't want to win." (on screen: a picture of someone strapped to the roof of his plane) –Seth Meyers

“In the wake of President Obama’s decision to not release pictures of Osama bin Laden’s body, a number of new conspiracy theories are surfacing claiming that bin Laden is not really dead. Which means Barack Obama will go down in history as the first black person ever to have to prove that he killed someone.” —Seth Meyers

“In the wake of the killing of Osama bin Laden President Obama’s approval rating jumped to 56 percent, his highest in two years. Which shows there is literally nothing he can do to please the other 44 percent.” —Seth Meyers

"Look, if Donald Trump wants to talk about Obama’s birth certificate, what do I care?

But if he loves America so much, why does he keep outsourcing the job of his wife?" —Seth Meyers

"Dick Cheney presented Donald Rumsfeld with a Defender of the Constitution Award. And, yes, the irony was lost on both of them." –Seth Meyers

"Rep. Michele Bachmann created controversy when she said in a speech that the Founding Fathers worked tirelessly until slavery was no more.

Apparently she spent her high school history class looking off to the right of the blackboard." –Seth Meyers

"In her video posted on her Facebook page, Sarah Palin condemned the media's coverage of the Arizona shootings by using the phrase 'blood libel,' which refers to a harsh anti-Semitic slur. And I would be super-offended if I thought she knew that." –Seth Meyers

"This year marks the first Thanksgiving in which travelers will get molested before they get to their uncle's house." –Seth Meyers, on TSA pat-downs

"Meryl Streep was given the Cecil B DeMille lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes last night and used her acceptance speech to criticize Donald Trump. That's right, the all-time queen of American drama was criticized by Meryl Streep." –Seth Meyers

"You know, if I wanted somebody halfheartedly patting my groin without eye contact, I'd get married." –Seth Meyers

"At the dedication of his Presidential Library, George W. Bush said it's long been his dream to build a building for teenagers to drink behind." –Seth Meyers

"An article on 'Huffington Post yesterday claimed that several passages of George W. Bush's new memoir 'Decision Points" were lifted from other books, including several written by his advisers.

Which explains why he spent much of the book complaining about his boss." –Seth Meyers

"One of the new proposals from a bipartisan commission released Wednesday suggested that in order to bring down the deficit, the government would need to raise the retirement age to 69 by the year 2075. So the next time a baby is crying on your flight, it's probably because they just found out they're gonna have to work until they're 69 in new China." –Seth Meyers

"Speaking in a video for an ad campaign aimed at ending the bullying of gay teenagers, Cindy McCain, the wife of Senator John McCain, broke with her husband and called for the repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell.' McCain says he and his wife have disagreed on other issues too. Things like, "Where am I and what the hell is going on." –Seth Meyers

mla apa chicago
Your Citation
Kurtzman, Daniel. "Seth Meyers Quotes." ThoughtCo, Jan. 31, 2017, Kurtzman, Daniel. (2017, January 31). Seth Meyers Quotes. Retrieved from Kurtzman, Daniel. "Seth Meyers Quotes." ThoughtCo. (accessed November 17, 2017).