Resources › For Students and Parents Yale School of Management Programs and Admissions Share Flipboard Email Print Enzo Figueres / Contributor / Getty Images For Students and Parents Business School Business Specializations Business Degree Options Choosing A Business School Business School Admissions MBA Programs & Rankings Business Careers and Internships Student Resources Homework Help Private School Test Prep College Admissions College Life Graduate School Law School Distance Learning View More By Karen Schweitzer Business Education Expert Karen Schweitzer is a business school admissions consultant, curriculum developer, and education writer. She has been advising MBA applicants since 2005. our editorial process Karen Schweitzer Updated October 02, 2017 Yale School of Management, also known as Yale SOM, is part of Yale University, a private research university located in New Haven, Connecticut. Although Yale University is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States, the School of Management wasn't founded until the 1970s and didn't begin offering an MBA program until 1999. Although Yale School of Management hasn't been around nearly as long as some business and management schools, it is very well-known and has a reputation for being one of the best business schools in the world. Yale School of Management is one of six Ivy League business schools in the United States. It is also one of the M7, an informal network of elite business schools. Yale School of Management Programs Yale School of Management offers a wide range of business education programs for students at the graduate level. Degree programs include the Full-Time MBA program, MBA for Executives program, Master of Advanced Management program, PhD program and Joint Degree programs. Non-degree programs include Executive Education programs. Full-Time MBA Program The Full-Time MBA program at Yale School of Management has an integrated curriculum that teaches not only management fundamentals, but also big picture perspectives to help you understand organizations and business as a whole. Much of the curriculum relies on raw cases, which provide you with robust data to help you learn how to make tough decisions in real-world business scenarios. Students who want to apply to the Full-Time MBA program Yale School of Management must submit an online application between July and April. Yale School of Management has round applications, which means that there are multiple application deadlines. To apply, you need transcripts from every college you attended, two recommendation letters, and official GMAT or GRE scores. You must also submit an essay and answer several application questions so that the admissions committee can learn more about you and your desired career path. MBA for Executives Program The MBA for Executives program at Yale School of Management is a 22-month program for working professionals. Classes are held on the weekends (Fridays and Saturdays) on the Yale campus. About 75% of the curriculum is devoted to general business education; the remaining 25% is devoted to the student's chosen area of focus. Like the Full-Time MBA program at Yale School of Management, the MBA for Executives program has an integrated curriculum and relies heavily on raw cases to teach students business principles. This program is designed for working professionals, so Yale School of Management does require you to maintain employment while enrolled at in the MBA for Executives program. To apply to this program, you need to submit GMAT, GRE or the Executive Assessment (EA) scores; a resume; two professional recommendations and two essays. You do not need to submit official transcripts to apply, but you will need to submit transcripts if you enroll. Joint Degree Programs The Joint Degree programs at Yale School of Management offer students the opportunity to earn an MBA degree in combination with a degree from another Yale school. Joint Degree options include: MBA/JD with Yale Law SchoolMBA/MEM or MF with Yale School of Forestry & Environmental StudiesMBA/MA in Global Affairs with the Jackson Institute for Global AffairsMBA/MD with Yale School of MedicineMBA/MPH with Yale School of Public Health MBA/MARCH with Yale School of ArchitectureMBA/MFA with Yale School of DramaMBA/MDIV or MAR with Yale Divinity SchoolMBA/PhD with Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Some Joint Degree programs have two-year, three-year, and four-year options. Curriculum and application requirements vary by program. Visit the Yale School of Management website to learn more. Master of Advanced Management Program The Master of Advanced Management (MAM) program at Yale School of Management is a one-year degree program specifically for graduates of Global Network for Advanced Management member schools. The program is meant to provide advanced management education to exceptional students who have already earned an MBA degree. About 20% of the MAM curriculum consists of core courses, while the other 80% of the program is devoted to electives. To apply to the MAM program at Yale School of Management, you need an MBA or an equivalent degree from a Global Network for Advanced Management member school. You will also need to submit one professional recommendation, official transcripts and standardized test scores from one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, PAEP, China’s MBA Entrance Exam or ieGAT. PhD Program The PhD program at Yale School of Management provides advanced business and management education for students who are seeking a career in academia. Students take 14 courses over the first two years and then work with the Director of Graduate Studies and faculty members to select additional courses to take over their remaining time in the program. Areas of focus on the PhD program include organizations and management, accounting, finance, operations and quantitative marketing. Students who are able to keep up with the demands of the program receive full financial aid. Applications for the PhD Program at Yale School of Management are accepted once each year. The deadline to apply is in early January of the year you wish to attend. To apply, you must submit three academic recommendations, GRE or GMAT scores and official transcripts. Published papers and writing samples are not required, but can be submitted to support other application materials. Executive Education Programs The Executive Education programs at Yale School of Management are open enrollment programs that put students in a room with accomplished Yale faculty members who are leaders in their respective fields. Programs focus on a variety of business and management topics and are available to both individuals and companies throughout the year. Custom programs are also available and can be tailored to the needs of each company. All of the Executive Education programs at Yale School of Management feature an integrated curriculum to help students master fundamentals and gain big picture perspectives.